Thursday, November 4, 2010

Prospectus

For my research paper im going to cover the topic of childrens advertising. I think this topic touches just about anybody who will read it and can easily relate to this on going issue. The fast food industry through the years have tried many different markerting methods to ensure company growth. McDonalds hit the jackpot by manipulating kids immature minds and centering them in their advertisments. I hope that my research paper will shed light to the blind eyes of this issue and hopefully influence potential parents to regulate the amount of fast food their child consumes.
Since this topic relates to a younger cousin of mine, im going to use her as an example to provide the individual reading my paper, an observation of my own on what fast food really does to a child and also how it affects the way they eat. Another source of information i think will be helpful to know is about the 2000 lawsuit about two obese teens suing McDonalds and blaming them for their obesity. Along with the lawsuit im also aiming to provide readers with exact percentiles of obesity in america since the start of children advertising. Of course im going to constantly refer to our class reading of the book fast Food nation. I'm really going to try and tackle this topic by exposing the consequences that follow with these bad ads.

1 comment:

  1. This should be something somewhat easy to write about. I mean, after all we have been talking a whole lot about it in class. I think your topic is something not only interesting but also something important, since so many issues have been related to the advertising towards children. Anyways I wish you luck on the project.

    ReplyDelete